▪ WHEN/WHERE: 12:30 p.m. Sunday at Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Ill
▪ TV: Fox Sports 1
▪ ABOUT FC KANSAS CITY (9-6-5, 32 points): The Blues are riding a six-game unbeaten streak with a league-best average of one goal per game. Goalkeeper Nicole Barnhart leads the league with eight shutouts. World Cup champion Amy Rodriguez leads the offense with six goals.
▪ ABOUT CHICAGO RED STARS (8-3-9, 33 points): Christen Press leads the Red Stars with 10 goals, and rookie of the year finalist Sophia Huerta follows with six. Chicago is unbeaten in its last three games.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ BOTTOM LINE: The Blues have yet to defeat the Red Stars this year with a draw and a loss but are playing their best right now, outscoring opponents 15-4 in the last six games. Their experience as the only team to make the NWSL playoffs in all three seasons should help as well.
▪ PREDICTION: FC Kansas City 2, Chicago Red Stars 1
| Kathleen Gier, email@example.com