▪ WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Sporting Park
▪ TV/RADIO: KMCI (Ch. 38); KDTD (1340 AM)
▪ ABOUT SAN JOSE (8-10-5, 29 points): The Earthquakes have lost four straight road matches, and they've fallen to eighth place in the Western Conference. They have scored only 24 goals this season, the second fewest total in the league, which is a product of their inability to possess the ball. San Jose ranks last in MLS in possession and passing accuracy.
▪ ABOUT SPORTING KC (11-4-7, 40 points): The club is unbeaten inside Sporting Park, where it has outscored opponents 23-10 this season. It has climbed to third place in the Western Conference, three points behind the LA Galaxy, and it has played four fewer matches than the Galaxy … Graham Zusi (calf) returned to practice this week but is questionable to play Wednesday.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ BOTTOM LINE: Sporting KC has dominated few opponents inside its home venue like it has San Jose. It has won 10 straight home matches against the Earthquakes across all competitions, a stretch that dates back to 2004.
▪ PREDICTION: Sporting KC 2, San Jose 0
To reach Sam McDowell, call 816-234-4869 or send email to email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @SamMcDowell11. Tap here to download The Star’s free Extra Time KC soccer app for iOS and Android devices.