Livestrong Sporting Park, prepare for the spotlight.
Major League Soccer released the 2012 schedule and Sporting Kansas City's state-of-the-art stadium will be on national TV seven times. Also, worth noting this year, the longest road trip for Sporting will be just two games -- something that will happen 10 times throughout the season though.
Here are a few highlights.
• Sporting will open the season on March 10 against D.C. United at RFK Stadium
• The opponent for the home opener (March 17) will be New England.
• The seven national TV games, all at LSP, are: vs. Dallas (3/25, Galavision), vs. Los Angeles (4/07, ESPN2), vs. San Jose (5/27, NBC Sports), vs. Chicago (6/29, NBC Sports), vs. New York (8/26, ESPN2), vs. Houston (9/14, NBC Sports) and vs. Chicago (9/28, NBC Sports).
• Sporting will not play a single Western team after a trip to Seattle on June 20th. That means 20-straight games against teams from the Eastern Conference.
• In a weird quirk, KC only plays Western Conference teams in the month of April.
• The busiest month will be July (6 games), while March and October feature just three games.
• The toughest road swing will likely be Seattle on June 20 and then cross-country to Philadelphia three days later.
• Because of the unbalanced schedule, KC plays New England, Houston, Chicago and Toronto twice at LSP; KC will travel to Montreal, Columbus and New York twice; KC plays D.C. United and Philadelphia only twice.
• Also thanks to the unbalanced schedule, Sporting will only play one game each against team in the Western Conference. That means road trips to Chivas, Vancouver, Portland, Colorado and Seattle, but home dates against Dallas, Los Angeles, Salt Lake and San Jose.
• Davy Arnaud's first game back at Livestrong Sporting Park will be on May 5.
• MLS Cup is scheduled for Dec. 1. And it will be hosted by the team with the best record.
• According to the MLS: More than 83 percent of games this year will be on weekends. KC plays just one home weeknight game (Oct. 24 vs. Philadelphia).
• The league also did not schedule any games for FIFA international dates.
For the full schedule,