The last 24 hours have been a bit busy with minor personnel moves and logistical updates for Sporting Kansas City. Let's hash them out and get everyone up to date.
Sporting Kansas City's injury report got a serious upgrade this week, as midfielder Craig Rocastle is now listed as probable and midfielder Luke Sassano leaves the report altogether.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
Rocastle has been out since suffering a knee injury during the Gold Cup in June; Sassano missed a month with a knee injury as well.
The only two Sporting players listed as "out" for this weekend are defender Daneil Cyrus (who is out for the season) and rookie midfielder Konrad Warzycha (who has just started training with the team.
• Aurelien Collin is suspended for tomorrow's game because of yellow card accumulation.
• The team revealed on Friday that Haitian midfielder Peterson Joseph has officially been added to the roster. He will occupy an international roster spot.*
*International slots are notoriously difficult to keep track of. By my count, KC has filled 9: Korede Aiyegbusi, Omar Bravo, Aurelien Collin, Daneil Cyrus, Jeferson, Peterson Joseph, Jimmy Nielsen, Craig Rocastle, and Milos Stojcev. This must mean Joseph is using Ryan Smith's slot.
• The team will also have the services of reserve fullback Scott Lorenz again, as Thad Bell at the Backpost.net
reports that his loan with NSC Minnesota has ended
• Because of the earlier kickoff tomorrow, no fans will be permitted to park at The Legends, Nebraska Furniture Mart or Cabela's. Fans who have passes in Lot A or Lot B will park in Lot G. Fans with Lot D or G passes will move to H. Those in Lots C and F will stay where they are.
• The reserve league match planned as a double-header with the Houston game has been postponed to October 18. Location and time will be announced at a later date.
• I've been trying to tell you guys all year long that Chance Myers has been awesome. The folks who compile the Castrol Index sure agree with me, as
the First Team Messiah is ranked THIRD overall in the league
-- slightly behind Jamison Olave and Thierry Henry, just above Alvaro Fernandez and Landon Donovan. That's three designated players and a league MVP candidate up there with him. Not bad company.
Rounding out the Sporting players in the Top 100 in the league: Aurelien Collin (12), Matt Besler (19), Roger Espinoza (33), Omar Bravo (34), Graham Zusi (48), Michael Harrington (56), Julio Cesar (74) and Kei Kamara (90).