We've been a little bit behind around The Full 90 of late -- especially when it comes to Missouri Comets of the Major Indoor Soccer League.
This season, MISL has added four new teams: the Wichita Wings, Rochester Lancers, Norfolk SharX* and the Syracuse Silver Knights. Those three join the returning Comets, Baltimore Blast, Milwaukee Wave and a new franchise in Chicago.*We have an early front runner for most ridiculous name in sports. Sporting Kansas City and Real Salt Lake are off the hook for good, right? Those names sound brilliant compared to "SharX."
The 2011-12 MISL season will open on Thursday, Nov. 3 with the Comets traveling southwest to introduce Wichita to the league. The two teams will then come back up I-35 for the Comets' home opener at the Independence Events Center the next night.
All told, the Comets will play 24 games between November and February 26 -- including six against Wichita.
All games at the Independence Events Center
• Wichita Wings, Nov. 4 at 7:35 p.m.
• Baltimore Blast, Nov. 18 @ 7:35 p.m.
• Milwaukee Wave, Nov. 20 @ 3:10 p.m.
• Norfolk SharX, Nov. 26 @ 7:35 p.m.
• Syracuse Silver Knights, Dec. 4 @ 3:10 p.m.
• Wichita, Dec. 28 @ 7:35 p.m.
• Wichita, Jan. 14 @ 7:35 p.m.
• Milwaukee, Jan. 27 @ 7:35 p.m.
• Chicago, Feb. 10 @ 7:35 p.m.
• Rochester Lancers, Feb. 19 @ 7:35 p.m.
• Chicago, Feb. 24 @ 7:35 p.m.
• Milwaukee, Feb. 26 @ 7:35 p.m.