One of the best changes made by Major League Soccer this year was to reinstate the reserve league. Each reserve team will play 10 games during the season, and the schedule was released late on Friday.
Sporting Kansas City’s reserves will play four games at Livestrong Sporting Park, one game at the Swope Park Training Facility and five road games (Houston, Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Salt Lake).
It’s good to see that there will be games at the new park, that’s a nice touch. Worth noting, less than half of the planned 10 games will be held on training grounds.Sporting KC’s reserve team schedule
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
• Monday, April 11: @ Houston Dynamo, 10 a.m. (TBA)
• Tuesday, May 3: vs. Real Salt Lake, 11 a.m. (Swope Park Training Center)
• Tuesday, May 17: @ Chicago Fire, 10 a.m. (Chicago training ground)
• Sunday, May 29: @ Colorado Rapids, 12 p.m. (Dick’s Sporting Goods Park)
• Tuesday, July 19: vs. Chicago Fire, 11 a.m. (Livestrong Sporting Park)
• Monday, Aug. 8: vs. Colorado Rapids, 11 a.m. (Livestrong Sporting Park)
• Sunday, Aug. 28: vs. FC Dallas, 11 a.m. (Livestrong Sporting Park)
• Tuesday, Sept. 6: @ FC Dallas, 11 a.m. (Pizza Hut Park)
• Saturday, Sept. 10: vs. Houston Dynamo, 10 a.m. (Livestrong Sporting Park)
• Sunday, Sept. 18: @ Real Salt Lake, 12 p.m. (RSL practice facility)
Schedule wise, the reserve team won’t play a single game during the Gold Cup (June 5-25) and the majority of their games are in May and late summer. The Aug. 28 fixture is the night after KC’s senior team plays Dallas at Livestrong Park and the Sept. 10 game appears to be a double header as the senior team plays Houston at 3:00 p.m.