as best I can.
in the Supplemental Draft.
• Remember how I knocked down the Barca-to-KC story yesterday? Well,
"Guys - While I really would love to have Barcelona in our building, don't waste many keystrokes on this one....for now."
• The United States plays Chile in a friendly on Saturday night (Teal Bunbury could see some time), but the game WON'T be on ESPN or Fox Soccer Channel.
(Hint: ESPN wants sexier lineups and FSC's contract with Soccer United Marketing has expired.) It's not expected to have a large crowd either, apparently only 9,500 tickets have been sold.
• I tweeted this yesterday, but when asked aboutNigerian Joseph Atang Thompson (whom KC have been linked with)
, head coach/technical director Peter Vermes hinted that he hadn't heard of him. Could be misdirection.
• Real Salt Lake hire former Fire defenderC.J. Brown as assistant coach.
•Kenny Cooper to Portland now official.
•Omar Cummings in coming back to the States
as his loan deal ended prematurely.
• Americans on the move?Michael Bradley to Sunderland? Jermaine Jones to Blackburn (no question mark, it's official)
• Other players on the move?Everton's Pienaar says he's joining Tottenham Liverpool's Babel headed for Hoffenheim?
•I've bumped Dortmund up to must-watch status.
They are cruising in Bundesliga (12-points a top the league). Sporting KC fans should take note, they play a very similar style. My favorite line from this Guardian piece:
"Borussia under Jürgen Klopp are to space what Takeru Kobayashi is to hot dogs: they eat it up until the opposition is blue on the face and going down with cramps."
I wish I'd have thought of that!