Sporting Kansas City will again travel to Phoenix, Ariz., to train during the preseason. They will make two training trips at the Reach 11 Sports Complex during eight weeks of preparation for the 2011 season.
The Reach 11 Sports Complex in suburban Phoenix will again serve as the team’s pre-season training destination after Sporting first selected the site one year ago. The 33-acre complex opened in 2007 and features 18 lighted fields. The U16 and U18 Sporting Kansas City Juniors recently competed at the facility in the 2010 U.S. Soccer Development Academy Winter Showcase.
Kansas City will play exhibition matches against other Arizona-based MLS clubs. Further details, including dates and opponents, will be made soon. In 2010, nine MLS teams joined KC in Arizona.
Sporting Kansas City 2011 Pre-Season Schedule:
• Jan. 24th – Entrance physicals at Swope Park Training Facility
• Jan. 25th-28th – Training in Kansas City
• Jan. 31st – Team departs for Phoenix
• Feb. 16th – Team returns to Kansas City
• Feb. 21st – Team departs for Phoenix
• March 14th – Team returns to Kansas City
• March 19th – Season opener at Chivas USA