Well, that sucked. Just like against New York. Just like against Chivas. Just like against Dallas. Just like, well, just like a lot of this year, Kansas City dominated possession and created chances ... and still lost.
Now the playoff hopes for the Wizards hang by the slimmest of slim margins.
A Michael Bay production has a better shot at winning the Academy Award than the Wizards do of making the playoffs. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but it's not completely impossible. (Remember, "The Rock" was robbed in '96!)
If you look up "must win" in the dictionary, you'll see a mention of Tuesday night's Wizards vs. Fire game.
MLS Single Table Standings
1. Los Angeles Galaxy-x: 56 points (28 GP, +19 GD)
x -- Automatic qualifiers from Western Conference; y -- Automatic qualifiers from Eastern Conference. Category II -- The two teams fighting for the last playoff spot:
8. Colorado Rapids: 42 points (28 GP, +10 GD)9. Kansas City Wizards: 33 points (27 GP, -3 GD)Category III -- The seven teams that have been officially eliminated:
10. Chicago Fire: 32 points (27 GP, -2 GD)
16. D.C. United: 21 points (28 GP, -25 GD)Schedules of the teams in the playoff chase: Colorado Rapids
• @ Los Angeles (10/16), Real Salt Lake (10/23)Kansas City Wizards
• @ Chicago (10/12), @ New England (10/16), San Jose (10/23)Playoff scenarios for the eighth and final spot:
• If Colorado beats OR draws either of their last to games, they claim the 8th playoff spot.
• Kansas has to win all three of their remaining games AND have Colorado lose both of their remaining games.