• The Wizards are 6-4-3 in their last 13 MLS matches, and 7-4-3 in their last 14 overall when including the victory over Manchester United.
• Kansas City is 1-3-0 all-time against Seattle and 0-2-0 at home in the series.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
• Kansas City is 6-5-3 at home in 2010 and 121-70-37 all-time.
• The Wizards held Seattle without a shot on goal in the first half, marking the sixth time Kansas City has held an opponent without a shot on goal in a half in 2010.
• Wizards captain Davy Arnaud scored his fifth goal of the season and 42nd career goal for the Kansas City Wizards on a penalty kick in the 84th minute.
• The Wizards were awarded a penalty kick for the first time since the season opener on March 27, 2010, a stretch of 25 games without an attempt. Jack Jewsbury converted Kansas City’s only other penalty attempt in 2010.
• Besler set a personal career high in shots (two) and shots on goal (two) on Saturday.
• Wizards goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen made one save on the night and now has 77 on the season, tied for fourth most in MLS this season.
• Nielsen has played every minute of every MLS game for Kansas City this season, one of only five players in the league to do so thus far in 2010.
• Kansas City leads the league in shots on goal in MLS this season with 152 on the year.
• Wizards defender Michael Harrington has started every match for Kansas City this season, the only field player to have started all 27 games. Harrington has played 2,427 of a possible 2,430 minutes.
• Wizards 2011 Designated Player Omar Bravo, on-loan to Chivas Guadalajara for the 2010 Apertura, did not play in Chivas Guadalajara’s 2-1 victory at Queretaro on Saturday. Bravo was announced on the roster for Chivas Guadalajara’s friendly at Seattle on Tuesday, October 12.
• Wizards striker Sunil Chhetri, on loan to the India National Team for the remainder of the 2010 MLS season, scored three goals in India’s 3-1 win over Vietnam on Friday. India will next face Yemen on Wednesday, October 13.