Were the Crew too tired? Will Thierry Henry work in Major League Soccer? Does Landon Donovan have a love child? How badly did Chicago get beat in SuperLiga? Today's links roundup has all that and more.
With so much going on in the world (locally and internationally), thought it might be time to bring back the long-lost links list. (To read the full story, click on the Web site name in bold.)
• Why did Columbus lose to the Wizards last night? It's obvious, right? They were tired because the same starting XI started two-straight games.MLSsoccer.com
• A step down for Henry, a step up for MLS.Wall Street Journal
• Bigger than Beckham?New York Times
• Coming to America, New York gets an international star.
• Is MLS just a retirement league for aging superstars?Match Fit USA
• Irish in New York should boycott Henry.Irish Central
• Kyle Beckerman is the first (of possibly many) to decide he's gonna sit out the MLS All-Star game to rest.Deseret News
• Monarcas Morelia destroyed the Chicago Fire last night, 5-1, in SuperLiga action.SuperLiga 2010
• New England Revolution beat PUMAS 1-0 in SuperLiga action.SuperLiga 2010
• Landon Donovan doesn't have a love child in England.E! Online
• The MLS summer transfer window is now open. Sports Illustrated looks at what MLS teams might be pondering for DP signings. There's not really any news per se in here and might be a story you only read if you're really bored.SI
• Speaking of summer transfers, is a deal coming that would send Juan Pablo Angel to Seattle and Freddie Ljungberg to New York?MLS Rumors
• A few notable new kits for '10-'11Manchester United
• Argentina will offer Diego Maradona a four-year deal to coach Argentina. Hooray!The Guardian
• Former Wizard Eddie Johnson scored a goal for Fulham in a pre-season friendly.Caught Offside
• Celtic 'keeper Artur Boruc has moved from Celtic to Fiorentina. This means more playing time for American Dominic Cervi, right?USA Today
• Finally, team USA won the ESPY for Best Moment last night.