Was there anything to learn from last night's 4-2 loss to the Czech Republic? Well, maybe a few things.
Herculez Gomez can't stop scoring. Oguchi Onyewu isn't 100%. Stuart Holden is close to being 100%. It's impossible to overstate how much a healthy Carlos Bocanegra means to this team. Losing with Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Tim Howard, Jozy Altidore and Bocanegra on the bench tells you absolutely, positively nothing (it was B team vs. B- team). And America, still, doesn't have the answer for left back.**Seriously, this needs to be Claudio Reyna's No. 1 directive as technical director of the U.S. youth system: Developing a decent left back. It's our achilles heel year after year after year.
Bob Bradley is going to announce his 23-man roster today at noon (or thereabouts) on ESPN's SportsCenter.
Here are the seven players I'd cut:
•Robbie Findley -- Not really his fault, but Edson Buddle and Herculez Gomez are just in better form.
• Eddie Johnson -- He played last night, right? Do you remember him playing?
• Heath Pearce -- Only room for one weak offensively, weaker defensively fullback and I guess that means Jonathan Bornstein huh?
• Alejandro Bedoya -- Thought he'd be a lock, but I just can't see him unseating DeMarcus Beasley.
• Chad Marshall -- Not a good sign that he didn't see the field at all last night and Maurice Edu played center back.
• Sasha Kljestan -- My token MLS player is Brian Ching.
• Robbie Rogers
-- Maybe in 2014.
Who would you cut? Who would you keep? Are you at all nervous that, based on last night's result, this team might be in trouble?