Wrapping up a days worth of news, links, rumors and rampant speculation.
The Wizardsa really, really big deal.
The Wizards announced Thursday that they have agreed to terms with forward Sunil Chhetri. (Peter) Vermes said Chhetri, who spent a week with the Wizards during the preseason on a trial and is widely regarded as one of the top players in India, obviously made a terrific impression during his time with the team."He's a very good technical player who has a really good soccer brain on the field and connected very well with the players we have on attack," Vermes said.
Vermes confirmed that the signing of Chhetri gives the Wizards 10 international players — one more than their nine allotted slots."Right now we have 10 international players, but I don't foresee that being the case in a week or so," Vermes said. "Nobody has to go right now because he's not on the roster until his paperwork gets approved."The Kansas City Star
Plans for Game DayFriday:
- · The final part of The Full 90's "Meet The Wizards" roster breakdown, focusing on the strikers.
- · The kick-off of a weekly segment: Five for Friday, wherein we ask a soccer figure (be it a Wizards player, coach, rabid fan, blogger, etc.) five questions. Up first, new Wizards TV play-by-play guy Dave Borchardt.
- · A look at just where in the world the new Wizards have come from.
- · Terez Paylor on coach Curt Onalfo's return to KC.
- · My final thoughts (lineups, predictions, etc.) before the first kick.
- · Everything you ever wanted to know about DC United but where afraid to google for yourself. (This will be a regular feature of the blog, and will appear after this week on the day before the game. Well, we won't make it DC United every time. Obviously.)
Around the MLSGoal.com, MLSSoccer.com,
Kansas City Wizards v DC United - 7:30pm on KCWE (Ch. 29)