Wrapping up a days worth of news, links, rumors and rampant speculation. (Note: This is an all-MLS edition of Extra Time.)
- 1: All 16 clubs will need to have their rosters set by 4 p.m. CT on Wednesday. Each club gets 20 senior roster slots and four developmental. (Generation adidas players — of which the Wizards have three — don't count toward the senior roster. So, there will be only one developmental player on the roster.)
- 2: The Wizards must cut 3 players as the current training roster has 27 players. Who gets cut? I think Mauro Fuzetti and Michael Kraus are the most likely candidates. I'm not 100% sure Jack Jewsbury and/or Santiago Hirsig will be on the team. It depends on how many international slots the off-season moves soak up and what they could potentially get for them on the trade market.)
- 3. The starting salary cap will be $2.55 million per team, up from $2.32 million in 2009.
However...SI.com's Steve Davis
Around the MLSsome
- · SEATTLE: Goalkeeper Chris Eylander
- · DC UNITED: Midfielder John DiRaimondo
- · SAN JOSE: Midfielders Simon Elliott, Antonio Ribeiro and goalkeeper Mike Graczyk
- · CHICAGO: Goalkeeper Jon Busch
Kansas City Wizards v DC United @ 7:30pm on KCWE (Ch. 29)
One more MLS thing...du Nord
"I must say that that may have been the worst 30 minutes of soccer coverage I have ever seen. The whole thing looked like it was produced for an 8th grade class project. The video quality was piss poor and use of any graphics was almost zero. Not to mention the complete lack of energy from the editing and the host Mark Rogandino. Then we get to the information provided: not only was there very little, but a good portion of it was just plain old wrong. As an example, when they listed who had left Chicago this offseason they didn't mention Chris Rolfe and Gonzalo Segares, while finding space to mention three guys who no one who follows MLS has ever heard of (and who definitely not on any teams roster anywhere in the world). Then when they got to DC United they listed Gonzalo Peralto, Marcello Gallardo and Josh Gros! Are you kidding me, they all left 2 years ago. How about Santiago Hirsig being listed as a new incoming player for KC this season. I forced myself to give up at that point or else somebody's dog would have paid the price. Seriously though, did they recycle last years show without any proof reading at all? This kind of horrible production is what FSC has always given MLS, and I think its about time they knocked this _____ off. And I can't believe that anyone involved in that show took pride in their finished product."