1. Make the case for Andy Reid for coach of the year. I think he should be in the discussion. -@KCSortaRican
Sure. His team was 1-5, and unlike most NFL teams that get off to that kind of start, his group did not fracture, it did not splinter and it actually stuck together. Some of that has to do with a good locker room, but as chairman Clark Hunt said Sunday, some of it also has to do with Reid’s steady leadership. He’s done a nice job managing this group and keeping it together through the tough times.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
2. What do you think is the better matchup for KC of the two potential outcomes? Home vs. bad Steelers D, but Ben Roethlisberger, or J.J. Watt and Houston? -@MarkJL07
It’s close, but I still maintain that you don’t want anything to do with Ben Roethlisberger in the playoffs when the alternative is the likes of Houston’s Brandon Weeden or Brian Hoyer. Both games are winnable, but the Chiefs can lose both games, too. It’s just a matter of preference.
3. Which position might the Chiefs target most in free agency or the draft this offseason? -@chief8225
I think it depends, obviously, on how free agency turns out, but a first guess at positions where the Chiefs could be seeking help include the interior defensive line, offensive tackle, offensive guard and cornerback.
4. Any truth to the idea it’s maybe good Alex Smith got those INT’s out of his system before the playoffs? -@ClaytonNicholas
I wouldn’t necessarily agree with that, but it’s never good to throw interceptions. But I do think it’s promising that Smith continued to make some aggressive throws, even after his two interceptions on Sunday. He’ll need to maintain that aggressiveness against the defenses he’ll see in the playoffs.
5. Are we really sticking with Frankie Hammond Jr. in the return game!? -@Wesizzle19
It’s hard to say. De’Anthony Thomas won’t be back this year, but Hammond’s return average entering the game was actually higher than Thomas’ was, and he’s had a long return wiped out by a penalty. Still, it makes sense if the Chiefs explore other options for a little more dynamism in the playoffs, including Jeremy Maclin. Albert Wilson has also been mentioned by special-teams coach Dave Toub as an option, if necessary.
10: The Chiefs won a franchise-record 10th straight game on Sunday.