The Chiefs lead the Browns 17-3 at halftime Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium. Here are five quick observations.
1. Marcus Peters continues to have an amazing season, as he logged his team-high eighth interception in the second quarter. He certainly earned his recent Pro Bowl bid.
2. This is a secretly chippy game, as there’s been plenty of trash talk and shoving after the whistle. Interesting, considering the Browns are a 3-11 team, but impressive
3. Good first half for Cairo Santos, who made a 40-yard field goal and successfully converted two extra-point attempts in extremely windy conditions.
4. The Chiefs’ first touchdown in the half came on an outstanding throw by quarterback Alex Smith, who fired a missile to Jeremy Maclin between three defenders for an 11-yard touchdowns. Speaking of Maclin …
5. Maclin passed 1,000 yards on the season with the catch, becoming the first Chiefs receiver to do so since Dwayne Bowe did in 2011. Speaking of Bowe, he was active Sunday but didn’t catch a pass in the first half. The Chiefs have certainly won that trade off.