It's halftime at M&T Bank Stadium, and the Chiefs lead the Baltimore Ravens 24-14. Here are five observations.
1. The Ravens scored before halftime on a miracle Hail Mary touchdown, and that was completely unacceptable. The Chiefs had them down, and they were ready to quit, and they allowed that. Now the Ravens get the ball back to start the third quarter.
2. Bad NFL teams are bad. All three of the Chiefs’ first three touchdowns were set up by Ravens mistakes.
3. Dee Ford has continued his strong play. He already has hit Ravens quarterback Jimmy Clausen once, and he set the edge in impressive fashion on a jet sweep.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. Jaye Howard racked up sack No. 4 1/2 on Sunday. Dontari Poe also flashed. The Chiefs have been solid up the middle.
5. Jeremy Maclin has been a fine addition this season. With 969 receiver yards, he’s on track to become the Chiefs’ first 1,000-yard receiver since 2011.