Here are some halftime thoughts from O.co Coliseum, where the Chiefs trail 14-7.
1. Alex Smith is playing some of his best football right now. He’s delivering the ball confidently, accurately and on time, and whenever he senses pressure, he typically finds a way to scramble out of it and turn it into a positive play. Give the man credit.
2. The Chiefs have been rotating running backs Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware, so sorry fantasy football guys — it looks like a full-blown running-back-by-committee situation. The good news is that both are running hard, and both look more than capable of carrying the mail.
3. Left tackle Eric Fisher is having a rough game. Mario Edwards, Jr. has blown through him on at least two occasions, while Khalil Mack beat him for a sack. It’s not the end of the world, because Fisher is playing well this year, but it will be interesting to see whether he can bounce back in the second half.
4. One player to watch this game is Dee Ford, who is making his first career NFL start. So far, he has not done much. He needs to make a splash play sometime in the second half.
5. Marcus Peters has been a joy to watch this season. He plays with a tremendous amount of energy, and he’s been bobbing his head and skipping around ever since pregame warmups. It’s obvious his return to his hometown of Oakland means a ton to him.