1. The Chiefs came out with a smart offensive game plan, as they clearly watched the Broncos’ tape against Indianapolis. Like the Colts, the Chiefs used a lot of two-tight end sets to establish the run up the middle out of the gate.
2. Cornerback Marcus Peters fares well against Peyton Manning, for whatever reason. After recording a pick-six against Manning in week two, Peters intercepted Manning on his very first pass of the day. He probably should have had two other picks, too.
3. Speaking of Manning, he clearly doesn’t look right. He’s got little velocity on this throws, and he’s been intercepted three times. The Chiefs won’t complain, though.
4. I understand Jah Reid’s personal foul penalty on Von Miller. No Bronco has gotten more shots in on quarterback Alex Smith over the last several years. When he saw a chance to deliver a shot to him on the ground, he took it.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
5. Strong day for Cairo Santos, who has made four field goals today. But the Chiefs could regret not cashing in on one of those scoring opportunities.