▪ Two Rockhurst women’s volleyball players won conference player of the week honors. Senior outside hitter Morgan Rietzke is the top offensive player in the Great Lakes Valley Conference after making 28 kills in two wins at Truman State and Quincy. Junior libero Anne Hellwege is the defender of the week after making 26 digs in the win at Quincy.
▪ Central Missouri senior Emily Eldridge is the Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletics Association women’s soccer defender of the week. Eldridge, from Blue Valley Southwest, led a Jennies defense that held opponents to 12 shots in two games as Central Missouri moved to 9-0 and 3-0 in the conference.
▪ Park’s Emily Key and Hannah Brindle are the women’s soccer players of the week in the American Midwest Conference. Key, a senior forward, scored nine of the Pirates’ 10 goals in a 2-1 victory over Columbia and 8-0 win over Stephens. Brindle helped Park hold both opponents to eight shots on target and scored a goal against Stephens.
▪ Saint Mary freshman defensive back Isaiah Ross is the national defensive player of the week in the NAIA. Ross, from Leavenworth High, returned an interception for a touchdown and blocked a punt that set up a score in the Spires’ 34-33 win over Bethany.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
▪ Pittsburg State senior safety Deron Washington, from Raymore-Peculiar, is the MIAA defensive player of week after returning an interception 50 yards for a touchdown in the Gorillas’ victory over Washburn.