With their final selection in the NFL Draft on Saturday, No. 223 overall, the Chiefs took Northern Illinois wide receiver Da’Ron Brown.
Brown, who measured 6 feet and 205 pounds at the NFL Combine, caught 68 passes for 1,065 yards and six touchdowns in 2014.
In other picks, the Chiefs selected cornerback Marcus Peters in the first round with the 18th overall pick Thursday.
On Friday, they picked Missouri guard Mitch Morse in the second round (49th overall), Georgia wide receiver Chris Conley with the 12th pick in the third round (76th overall) after trading a sixth-round pick to Minnesota, and Oregon State cornerback Steven Nelson with the 34th pick in the third round (98th overall).
On Saturday, they drafted Georgia linebacker Ramik Wilson in the fourth round (No. 118 overall), then took Oregon State linebacker D.J. Alexander and Illinois State tight end James O’Shaughnessy with back-to-back compensation picks in the fifth round (172nd and 173rd overall). In the sixth round, they took Southern Miss defensive tackle Rakeem Nunez-Roches in sixth round (217th overall).
Chiefs’ seventh-round pick
▪ WHO: Receiver Da’Ron Brown
▪ PICK: Round seven (233rd overall)
▪ SCHOOL: Northern Illinois
▪ HEIGHT: 6-0
▪ WEIGHT: 205 pounds
▪ COMBINE STATS: 32-inch arms. 10 1/4-inch hands. 4.54-second 40-yard dash. 17 bench reps. 37-inch vertical. 120-inch broad jump. 7.04-second three-cone drill. 4.11-second 20-yard shuttle.
▪ HOW HE FITS: The Chiefs need to do all they can to make to sure the receiving corps is stronger in 2015 than it was in 2014. At the very least, Brown is another talented player to add to the mix.