▪ WHEN/WHERE: 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at BC Place in Vancouver, British Columbia
▪ TV/RADIO: KMCI-TV (Ch. 38); 99.3 FM, KDTD (1340 AM)
▪ ABOUT SPORTING KC (4-4-0, 12 points): The club has scored only twice during a three-game losing streak, falling into sixth place in the Western Conference. Sporting KC is looking to generate offense outside of Dom Dwyer, who leads the team with four goals. Midfielder Soni Mustivar will miss his fifth straight match and defender Chance Myers is listed as questionable.
▪ ABOUT VANCOUVER (3-4-1, 10 points): It's been a slow start for the Whitecaps, who have scored just once during the run of play, the worst mark in MLS. They have endured a 371-minute scoreless streak this season, and the defense hasn't been much better, allowing a league-high 16.5 shots per game. Vancouver has been outshot in seven straight matches.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
▪ BOTTOM LINE: Sporting KC defeated Vancouver 2-1 earlier this season, and it has lost just once in eight all-time meetings with the Whitecaps. Sporting KC keeper Tim Melia is 3-0-0 lifetime against Vancouver.
▪ PREDICTION: Sporting KC 0, Vancouver 0