▪ WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 p.m. Saturday, at Sporting Park
▪ TV/RADIO: KMCI-TV (Ch. 38); WHB (810 AM), KDTD (1340 AM)
▪ ABOUT MONTREAL (6-7-3 21 points): The Impact has already won as many games as it did in all of 2014, and it reached the CONCACAF Champions League final earlier this year. ... Designated player Ignacio Piatti leads Montreal in goals (five) and assists (four).
▪ ABOUT SPORTING KC (8-3-6, 30 points): Although the club is in sixth place in the Western Conference, it leads all of MLS in points per game (1.76). Sporting KC has played the fewest games in the conference. ... Graham Zusi will miss Saturday’s match as he continues his Gold Cup tour with the U.S. national team, which also plays Saturday.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ BOTTOM LINE: Montreal has won only once in eight road matches, and Sporting KC is unbeaten across nine home matches. Dom Dwyer scored six goals in three games against Montreal last season.
▪ PREDICTION: Sporting KC 2, Montreal 0