Freshman guard Devonte’ Graham aggravated his sprained right toe during Wednesday’s game. Graham said teammate Landen Lucas stepped on his foot, which caused some momentary discomfort. But after getting looked at by Kansas’ training staff, he was able to finish the game.
▪ Coach Bill Self said freshman wing Kelly Oubre was “under the weather” on Wednesday, but he didn’t seem interested in using it as an excuse. Oubre finished with zero points and one rebound in 28 minutes.
▪ Key play: Kansas sophomore Wayne Selden drilled a three-pointer that gave the Jayhawks a 23-10 lead with 10:31 left.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Key stat: TCU shot 35.7 percent.
▪ Key play: KU’s Brannen Greene made two free throws and then came up with a key block with 25 seconds left, helping KU avoid a disastrous finish.
▪ Key stat: TCU had 26 offensive rebounds.
| Rustin Dodd, email@example.com