Turn your extra turkey into lunch and dinner with these five recipes
This Thanksgiving, don’t let any of your extra turkey go to waste. Instead, relive your favorite fall flavors with these five recipes, which are sure to put your remaining food to good use.
1. If you’re lucky enough to have leftover turkey and stuffing, add the two together for Turkey and Stuffing Muffins from Just A Taste. This recipe brings all the traditional flavors of Thanksgiving into an easy-to-eat treat.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
2. Turkey, mozzarella, kale and pesto: It’s hard to go wrong with these ingredients. With this panini recipe from Delish, all you need to add is a tomato, basil leaves, your favorite bread and a few other spices for the perfect day-after snack.
3. You’ll want to get your slow cooker ready for this recipe from Show Me the Yummy, which combines turkey and vegetables for a tasty twist on corn chowder.
4. Justine of Cooking and Beer suggests using your remaining turkey for Turkey Pot Pie Soup with Buttermilk Biscuit Croutons. It’s the perfect recipe for a chilly night spent inside while you decorate your Christmas tree.
5. If you’re cooking for a group even after Thursday, consider this recipe for Turkey Hash from Creole Contessa. Not only does it make use of your leftover bird, but it can also be whipped up in a matter of minutes.