Brandi Crawford is building a hungry online following one recipe at a time.
The Kansas City food and fitness blogger specializes in quick, healthy dishes that taste like cheat meals. Many of her creations go viral: Crawford’s how-to video for low-carb shrimp alfredo made with zucchini noodles has been viewed more than 277,000 times on Facebook.
For Crawford, who works in the corporate world as a senior financial analyst, food is fun. She loves exploring Kansas City’s restaurant scene and experimenting in her kitchen.
“My favorite gadget is the air fryer,” she says. “I am fascinated by the ability to prepare crunchy fried foods without submerging the food in oil.”
Crawford’s favorite air fryer recipes (think fried chicken and French fries — hold the guilt) are detailed in “The Super Easy Air Fryer Cookbook: Crave-Worthy Recipes for Healthier Fried Favorites.” She also shares recipes on her blog, Stay Snatched.
Here are a few of Crawford’s favorite cravings, from chai tea lattes and Charlie Hustle T-shirts to Greek getaways.
1. Gram & Dun. They have the best outdoor patio in Kansas City. I order the shrimp and grits and a Moscow Mule. Their menu is so creative.
2. MAC Eye Brows Styler in Spiked. One side is to pencil in the brows, the other is to brush and fluff them out. It helps me get away with wearing very little makeup.
3. HBO’s “Insecure.” I love that it accurately depicts the real life of post-college adults. It chronicles the characters’ careers, relationships and friendships. It’s very humorous and every single character on the show is relatable.
4. Mud Pie Vegan Bakery & Coffeehouse. I’m not vegan, but I love the atmosphere. I also love the chai tea latte.
5. McCormick Grill Mates Montreal chicken seasoning. I use it on seafood as well. It provides so much flavor beyond salt and pepper.
6. Greece. I spent time in Greece this past summer for vacation. Greece is beautiful and the food is incredible. I would love to make it a frequent travel destination.
7. Apple Watch. I am totally not a jewelry girl. I wear my Apple Watch every single day. I am obsessed with using it for workouts. My work requires me to sit down in front of my computer for hours — it has a reminder to stand up and stretch every so often.
8. Malbec wine. I will buy any Malbec I see at Trader Joe’s. I like that it’s dry and full-bodied. I don’t care for sweet wine.
9. Charlie Hustle. The T-shirts are super-comfortable and there are so many designs that accurately depict Kansas City.
10. The Monarch Bar. I recently had a celebration for the release of my cookbook at Monarch Bar. The staff is awesome, the decor is gorgeous and the drinks are so uniquely crafted.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.