Six inspiring Kansas City living rooms
If you’re like a lot of families, you spend a significant amount of time watching TV, reading books or engaging in conversation in your living room. So why not make it the most inspiring space possible? We rounded up six living rooms of various sizes and styles to provide you with plenty of ideas for your own home.
1. This modern home on Lake Lotawana is open, airy and filled with light, especially in the living room. The space has clean lines, sophisticated furniture and minimal clutter for maximum effect.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
2. The living space in this Mission Hills home backs up to a dazzingly up-to-date kitchen, but it’s the peaceful color palette that stands out in this room.
3. A long, see-through fireplace separates two different conversation areas in the living room of this Mission Hills home designed by architect Bruce Wendlandt.
4. A California couple emphasized comfort in the living space of their Fairway home, which was designed in a muted color scheme of black, white and gray.
5. A leather sofa with crisp lines defines the living area in this Country Club Plaza condominium. “We wanted it to look modern,” homeowner Steve Rueter said. “But it needed to be comfortable, too.”