The slip-on is the “it” shoe of the season. Whether you prefer closed-toe mules or open-toe slides, there is an option to fit every style. These backless shoes could easily be the most comfortable and functional shoes to date.
The wider straps and often thicker heels make slip-ons easier to wear for longer lengths of time. And with no buckles or heel straps, putting them on is a breeze.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
1. Straps Look for wide, multi or crisscross straps on sandals this summer. Shades of desert rose make up this chic pair by Avec Les Filles. $118, at Halls Kansas City in Crown Center.
2. Embellishments Embroidery, beading, and pearls dress up even the most simple slides. This suede pair with decorated block heels would be the statement piece of any outfit. $165 at Alysa Rene Boutique in Park Place.
3. Feminine details Ribbons and ruffles are not just on clothing this season—they’re also popular on footwear. Pair this flat by Loeffler Randall with shorts or your favorite sundress. $295 at Halls Kansas City.
4. The mule Store your ballet flats and invest in a mule for spring. $120 at Lady Bye in Brookside.
5. Bows When it comes to bows, bigger is better on today’s trendiest slides. This Ulla Johnson handmade cork slide with a whimsical suede bow can take you from the pool to lunch with friends. $330 at Standard Style in Town Center Crossing.
6. Color It’s the best time of year to incorporate colorful shoes into your wardrobe. Look for shades of yellow, red and pink, and the return of the white shoe. Loeffler Randall slide with pink and navy rickrack ruffles, $375, at Halls Kansas City.