Kansas City native Shelley Morton has retail in her blood. Although Morton grew up on a farm north of the river, she discovered her passion at 16 with her first job in sales at Worlds of Fun. She’s spent the past 19 years at Halls Kansas City, with roles in human resources and now as the general manager for Halls, Crayola and KidOh! stores. In her spare time, you can find her cuddled up to one of her two pit bulls or riding around town on the back of her Harley-Davidson.
01. Napa Valley. I think it’s the combination of calmness, nature, no schedule and of course the opportunity to try new wines that make it a great place to get away. I love sparkling wine, so Mumm Napa is always on my list of favorite places to visit.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
02. This is Us. It’s real, it’s complicated, it’s simple, it’s complex and I love how the timeline bounces back and forth. I cannot make it through an episode without tears.
04.Kundalini Yoga. It’s such an uplifting blend of spiritual and physical practices. It incorporates movement, dynamic breathing techniques and meditation.
05. High heels. I’m a whopping 5’2” tall, but when I wear my heels, I’m not only staying on trend, but also like the way it looks.
06. Naga dragon bracelet by John Hardy. It’s unique and beautiful, and I love the meaning of the Naga, which is inspired by a legend of the dragon who lives in the mountains near Bali.
07. My nieces and nephews. For years I was always asked when I was going to have kids. I just didn’t get that “mom-gene”, and that’s OK. I love my nephew Connor and my niece Adrianna as if they were my own.
08. La Créme Main hand cream by Chanel. Taking care of my skin doesn’t only mean taking care of the skin on my face; my hands and body need special attention as well.
09. Wide-legged pants. We’re just starting to see spring fashion come into Halls, and I’m excited about it being all about the ease and flow of fabrics.