Open shelving, oversized islands, colorful cabinets—today’s kitchens have it all, and sometimes more. These five kitchens, recently featured on the Parade of Homes, are designed with function and style in mind.
1. It’s hard to focus on anything but the stunning view in this home, but the open kitchen comes in a close second. The sleek design paired with the modern lighting and dark cabinets make it a showstopper.
2. Call it a basement bar, but this space could easily influence the design of your dream kitchen. Open shelving, a standout wood countertop and the deep navy cabinets are all very on-trend, yet classic in their own right.
3. From the sink to the subway tile, this kitchen has farmhouse written all over it. The neutral color palette, however, makes it customizable for the homeowner who has an ever-changing sense of style.
4. Whether you use your kitchen for entertaining or just need a space for your family to gather, this space is ideal for fostering community. The built-in table off the island is convenient and cool, and the graphic backsplash creates a focal point.
5. You can’t go wrong with the crisp, clean feel in this kitchen. Colorful accents make the bright white cabinets and countertop pop, and the butler’s pantry is perfect for extra storage and appliances.
To see more inspiring kitchens, don’t miss this year’s Spring Parade of Homes April 28 through May 13. Homes will be open free of admission from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, and a Parade guide can be picked up at I-435 and Holmes or at any of the Parade homes. Visit KCParadeofHomes.com for details.