The six beauty products you need to take on your next adventure
August is synonymous with vacations and final weekends away. And since lugging a heavy bag and digging through an overstuffed toiletry kit are not relaxing, we browsed beauty aisles around town to pare down your skin and makeup routine to the only six products you need to pack for your trip. They’re all quick, goof-proof workhorses so you’ll look as great as always, just in less time. And less time spent getting ready means more time for adventures. Bon voyage!
1. RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer $28, Standard Style Boutique Stick with the sunscreen and give your complexion a suntan with this instead. Use your fingers to dab it over cheekbones and on the outer corner of eyelids, or blend it under cheekbones and along your jawline for subtle contouring. It imparts a warm tawny glow that’s never orange, glittery or overdone, and the small pot couldn’t be easier to pack.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
2. Laura Mercier Color Dots Lip & Cheek Sheers $32 each, Halls on Grand You can swipe this on right out of the tube and blend it with your fingers so there’s no need to pack a brush. The solid, gel formula feels undetectable on skin and lips and gives the vibrant, yet sheer, colors a subtle, dewy gleam.
3. Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb $22, Sephora This gel cream feels cool going on, sinks in fast and is loaded with hydrating, soothing herb extracts. And the less-than-one-ounce jar meets TSA requirements for carry-on liquids.
4. Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water Cloths $13 for 10, Sephora Traveling with a slim package of wipes in lieu of a bulky cleanser is a no-brainer. But not all wipes are created equal. Saturated with mineral-rich water from a Japanese hot springs and infused with herbs, these organic cotton ones effectively remove makeup and sunscreen and leave behind zero residue—just soft, clean skin.
5. E.L.F. Essential Clear Brow & Lash Mascara $2, Target The clear formula lengthens and separates lashes, holds brows in place, and doesn’t smudge in the heat. If you use pigmented mascara or fill in your brows, consider scheduling a professional lash or brow tint before you go. (Bijin Salon & Spa in Prairie Village offers both services.)
6. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Tinted Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid $33, Bluemercury Streamline sunscreen and foundation into one bottle. This works double duty to protect skin from UVA and UVB rays and perfect it (with just enough pigment to blur imperfections). The fluid is light and watery, not thick or greasy, which one might expect from such an impressive SPF.