Let’s face it: Kansas City can’t win the right to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
Sure, we’re in the final eight,
And we’ve got a cool video, linked in that Star story.
But so what. Let’s pull the plug now and stop wasting time lobbying for the convention.
Just look who we’re up against.
• Dallas? It’s in Texas, by gawd, the self-proclaimed biggest, baddest state in the nation.
• Las Vegas? It’s just the gambling capital of America, maybe even the world.
• Denver? That city is a mile high — literally and kind of figuratively now (thanks, new marijuana law).
• Phoenix? It’s a sprawling city in warm-weather Arizona, which just proved Wednesday night that its governor at least isn’t a bigoted nut.
• Cleveland? Um, well, heck, we ought to be ranked ahead of Cleveland at least.
Same for Cincinnati and Columbus, to be honest.
So, hey, Kansas City, our new mantra: We’re #5. We’re #5.