A tattered and smudged photo from the archives of The Kansas City Journal-Post, which published from 1854-1942:
The Kansas City police force, mounted squad, horse-drawn patrol wagons and all, lined up in front of police headquarters for a picture. Notice the silk-hatted big shots, judges, chiefs and the like, on the police court steps. According to the Kansas City Public Library, this building was located near City Hall at 4th and Main Streets.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.