Sparks will soon fly over the lakes at Harrisonville City Park this Independence Day.
The city’s annual Independence Day festival and fireworks show is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. July 4 at the park, located at 706 Ash St.
This year’s festivities includes an all-ages bike parade, pool games and contests, free family-friendly activities, live entertainment by Timber Ridge at the amphitheater and a fireworks show at dusk.
The fireworks show is expected to last nearly half an hour. Fireworks are provided by Wald & Co., based in Greenwood.
The event is organized by the parks and recreation department. Parks and Recreation Director Chris Deal said around 3,000 to 4,000 have attended the annual event in the past, and officials are hoping attendance will be high again this year.
“I’ve been in several different cities and I’ve seen a lot of different fireworks shows, and this is by far the best I’ve ever seen,” Deal said.
The following is a full schedule of activities from the event page:
▪ 11 a.m., Bike parade. The parade route will begin behind the Harrisonville Outdoor Aquatic Center.
▪ 12-8 p.m., Pool hours
▪ 2-4 p.m. Pool games and contests
▪ 4-8 p.m., Face painting, bounce houses and “Dunk the Mayor”
▪ 6-8 p.m. Live entertainment by Timber Ridge at the amphitheater
▪ Firework show at dusk
The festival and fireworks show is free to attend and open to the public.
For more information about Harrisonville’s festival and fireworks show, call 816-380-8980.
You can also visit the Harrisonville Community Center Facebook page.
Other Fourth shows
▪ July 1, Spirit of America Celebration, 4-10 p.m. at Recreation Park, 1011 S. Madison St. in Raymore. A fireworks show accompanied by music, car show, kids activities, live music and more will be featured during this annual event.
▪ July 3, Legacy Blast Fireworks Display & Extravaganza, 6-9:30 p.m. at Legacy Park, 1201-1501 N.E. Legacy Park Drive in Lee’s Summit. A free 21-minute fireworks extravaganza choreographed to music and simulcast on 94.9 KCMO. Food vendors, local entertainers and inflatables will be on site at the baseball, soccer, softball and football venues before the fireworks show.
▪ July 4, 58th annual Fourth of July Celebration, starting at 10:30 a.m. with a parade on Main Street in Drexel. Fireworks show starts at dusk in city park. Event organized by the city of Drexel and Drexel Lions Club.
▪ July 4, KC RiverFest 2017, 4-11 p.m. at Berkley Riverfront Park, 1298 E. Riverfront Drive in Kansas City. Admission is $5 at the gate.
▪ July 4, Fourth of July Fireworks, 9:30 p.m. at Skyline Field, 1300 Myrtle in Pleasant Hill.