Items are being collected this month in for “Operation Christmas Child,” a project that fills shoeboxes with toys, school supplies and notes of encouragement for children around the world.
In the Kansas City area, organizers hope to contribute more than than 70,000 gift-filled shoeboxes.
“Operation Christmas Child is a fun project that makes a tangible difference in the life of a child facing difficult circumstances,” Kansas City Regional Director Joe Christian said in a news release. “Anyone can participate, whether young or old.”
The program is run by Samaritan’s Purse. Since 1993, the organization has delivered boxes to more than 113 million children in at least 150 countries.
Items can be dropped off through Nov. 24 at various locations on or near the Missouri side. Among them:
▪ Briarcliff Chapel, 1510 N.W. Vivion Road, Kansas City
▪ Old Mission United Methodist Church, 5519 State Park Road, Fairway
▪ Northwest Bible Church, 6520 N.W. 64th St., Kansas City
▪ First Baptist Church Raytown, 10500 E. Missouri 350, Raytown
▪ Noland Road Baptist Church, 4505 S. Noland Road, Independence
▪ Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 1600 N. Missouri 291, Liberty
▪ Christ Community Church, 14200 Kenneth Road, Leawood
▪ First Baptist Church, 2 N.E. Douglas St., Lee’s Summit
▪ Grace Community Church, 1520 County Road DD, Smithville
▪ Faith Covenant Church, 23300 N.W. Pink Hill Road, Blue Springs
▪ First Baptist Church Raymore, 116 S. Washington St., Raymore
▪ Kearney First Baptist Church, 303 S Grove St., Kearney
▪ Timothy Lutheran Church, 301 E. Wyatt Road, Blue Springs
▪ Excelsior Springs Baptist Church, 1500 Rosalea St., Excelsior Springs
▪ Christian Assembly Church, 501 Washington St., Weston
▪ New Market Christian Church, 18 Mill St., Dearborn
▪ First Baptist Church, 400 S.E. 14th St., Oak Grove
▪ Lone Jack Baptist Church, 202 S.Bynum Road, Lone Jack
▪ Harrisonville United Methodist Church, 2600 E. Mechanic St., Harrisonville
▪ Saint Luke’s @ Wellington Fair Building, 109 E. 4th St., Wellington
▪ First Baptist Church, 1302 S. Maguire St., Warrensburg.
For more details and dropoff hours at each place, go to www.samaritanspurse.org