Big Slick is back — this time with an online auction of celebrity-autographed stuff.
Funny guys Rob Riggle, Paul Rudd and Jason Sudeikis, who grew up blocks from each other in Johnson County, return home this weekend for a fourth year as hosts of Big Slick. The fundraiser includes an all-day poker tournament Saturday at Harrah’s North Kansas City casino and a party and auction that night at the Midland theater.
Get ready for star sightings. Celebs announced so far:
• Sudeikis’ fiancee, Olivia Wilde (“House”)
• Wilmer Valderrama (“That ’70s Show”)
• Damon Wayans Jr. (ABC’s “Happy Endings”)
• Kevin Pollak (“A Few Good Men”)
• Sarah Chalke (“Scrubs,” ABC’s “How to Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life”)
• Angela Kinsey (“The Office”)
• Will Forte (NBC’s “SNL”)
• James Marsden (“X-Men,” “The Notebook”)
• Johnny Knoxville (“Jackass”)
• J.K. Simmons (“The Closer,” “Juno”)
• Jon Glaser (NBC’s “Parks and Recreation”)
The online auction starts Tuesdayatbigslickkc.org
. Items include an autographed Jon Stewart photo; the board game “Clue: ‘The Office’ Edition” signed by the sitcom’s cast; a jersey signed by former NFL player Michael Strahan (“Live With Kelly and Michael”); and a Sporting KC jersey signed by players, along with two game tickets.
Seats at Saturday’s Texas Hold ’Em poker tourney are available for $500. Tickets for the Midland party start at $75. (Details at the website.) The Saturday evening event includes a live auction of such items as visits to the sets of ABC’s “Modern Family,” the movie “Horrible Bosses 2,” NBC’s “Parks and Recreation” and Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show.”
Proceeds from Saturday’s events benefit the Children’s Mercy Hospital Cancer Center. Over the last three years, Big Slick has raised more than $800,000, the hospital says.
The stars will also take part in a wiffle ball game at 5:30 p.m. Friday, before the Royals play the Tigers at Kauffman Stadium. Anyone with tickets to the Royals game can watch wiffle ball as well.