Local

Two people apparently dead of CO poisoning in Kansas City, Kan.

Two people were killed, apparently by carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a gasoline-powered generator, in their Kansas City, Kan., home.

A 58-year-old man and his 69-year-old sister were found dead shortly after 5 p.m. Tuesday by a family member who had not been able to reach them by phone.

Emergency responders found a gas-powered generator running in a basement garage and an extension cord linked to appliances in the home in the 5100 block of Kimball Avenue. The home had been without electric power due to the storm.

Carbon monoxide readings in the garage were 600 parts per million, which is far above what is considered dangerous.

Two small dogs also were found dead in the home.

The names of the siblings were not immediately released.

  Comments