Today, you'll see major improvements on Kansascity.com, already the biggest and most in-depth news and information source in town. In building a better digital Kansas City Star, we’ve listened to our readers, observed the latest trends and increased functionality. We think you’ll like what you see.
Here are some of the highlights:
· On our home page, you’ll find more stories, photographs and videos, designed in a more compact way. More headlines, more information, more choices. We're curating today's news and features from all of our departments to give you a quick overview of the most important and engaging stories in the Kansas City area and beyond.
· We’ve improved navigation on the site with a new drop-down menu at the top of the page. If you hover over the section labels under the Kansas City Star flag, you'll get a full navigation field with the latest headlines, blogs and columns. The menu gives you a shortcut to the top headlines from your favorite sections. Also, hover over the weather icon, and you’ll get a 5-day forecast.
· Our new responsive design is a better fit for your reading habits and your life. The site will dynamically re-size to fit your screen, whether you’re viewing it at work, on your phone, or on your tablet.
· Our body text is larger for easier reading, and we've made related content easier to find.
· Better organization of content and helpful links on section fronts. We've organized our page links for items such as databases, sports statistics, and Ink's Bar Guide.
· Subscription and reader service links can be found at the top and bottom of the home page.
This is only the first step in improving and adding content to kansascity.com. You'll continue to see additional enhancements over the next several months. Please share your thoughts on the changes. You can send us feedback email@example.com
or contact Public Editor Derek Donovan firstname.lastname@example.org.
For optimal viewing in the Internet Explorer browser, we recommend upgrading to version 9 to take advantage of our new functionality.
Mi-Ai Parrish | Publisher