An explosion and fire that tore through an Olathe home Thursday night appears to have started in a minivan that was parked in a garage, investigators said.
Two adults and two teenagers in the two-story house in the 900 block of East Elizabeth Street heard the explosion and escaped safely.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
The fire caused an estimated $300,000 in damages, according to the Olathe Fire Department. The explosion moved two of the garage walls and firefighters had to stabilize the structure. The minivan was destroyed.