Local

Olathe businesses evacuated after carbon monoxide report

Olathe fire officials evacuated four businesses in a strip center on 119th Street Monday after a report of carbon monoxide.

The call came in shortly after 11 a.m. reporting people affected by the gas at the Noodles & Company restaurant at 15208 W. 119th St.

Olathe Fire Capt. Mike Hall said two restaurant employees were transported to hospitals for observation. Their conditions were not life-threatening. Five people were checked at the scne and refused treatment. One other person said he would drive himself to a hospital.

Because the odor had spread, officials also evacuated adjacent businesses. The natural gas supply to the restaurant was turned off, which eliminated the source of the carbon monoxide, Hall said. Gas-fueled equipment within the restaurant was ordered to be repaired. The other businesess were allowed to reopen.

  Comments