One man was hospitalized in critical condition Friday after being electrocuted inside a manhole in Kansas City.
According to a police spokeswoman, firefighters in Kansas City conducted a confined space rescue in the 6500 block of Winner Road in Kansas City.
The rescue began about 3 p.m., according to Kansas City police.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
Attempts to reach fire department spokesman James Garrett were unsuccessful.
Kansas City Police Sgt. Kari Thompson said two men reportedly climbed inside the manhole before one was electrocuted. The man was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
The other man wasn’t located, Thompson said. The men did not have authorization to be inside the manhole, she said.
Jeremy McNeive, a spokesman for Kansas City Power & Light, said that no employees had fallen into the manhole.
McNeive said workers repaired an outage in the manhole after the man was taken to the hospital.