The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority on Sunday will roll out changes, including the elimination of a few routes, in an effort to improve its service.
The changes are being made after the KCATA held meetings in the spring to discuss possible modifications. The changes reflect rider comments and concerns expressed at those meetings.
The routes being eliminated because of low ridership:
▪ 32 Linwood Link. The route offered weekday, midday service on Linwood Boulevard. Riders can use the 31 31st Street bus, one block north of Linwood, which offers daily service.
▪ 230 Tiffany Springs West, 231 Tiffany Springs East and 239 Tiffany Springs Link. The 239 was a pilot route that began service last year.
▪ 132 Gracemor. 135 Winnwood-69 Hwy will add service to the Gracemor neighborhood and will be renumbered to 235. 77 Casino Cruiser will serve North Brighton between Missouri 210 and Northeast Parvin Road to replace 132 service.
The routes seeing service changes:
▪ 55 55th Street will merge with 40 Crossroads to create 55 Universities-Crossroads. The route will connect several key destinations, including the University of Missouri-Kansas City, the Country Club Plaza, Westport, Crossroads and River Market.
▪ 110 Woodland-Brooklyn will travel on Woodland Avenue between 18th and 22nd streets to provide service to Lincoln College Preparatory Academy. It will end at 39th Street and Prospect Avenue instead of 44th Street and Brooklyn. The route will be renumbered 10 Woodland-Brooklyn.
▪ 142 North Oak will end at Boardwalk Square; the route will no longer travel to Zona Rosa. Weekday route frequency during the morning and afternoon rush hour will be changed to 30-minute service. The route will also be renumbered 201 North Oak.
Several routes will see a change in the frequency that buses run on weekends, an elimination of early morning or late evening trips or a change in the endpoint of the route. Those routes are 9 9th Street, 12 12th Street, 15 Truman Road, 27 27th Street, 39 39th Street, 57 Wornall, 71 Prospect and 85 Paseo.
The Main Street MAX times on Saturdays and Sundays will change to help keep buses on schedule.
For more information, including maps and timetables, go to ridekc.org/bulletins/bus-service-changes-start-july-2.