Olathe fire crews battled a house fire Monday afternoon at a home in the 19300 block of 122nd Street.
The fire was reported shortly after 5 p.m., and crews brought it under control after about half an hour, according to Olathe Fire Chief Jeff DeGraffenreid. Five fire engines responded to the scene.
No serious injuries were reported, DeGraffenreid said.
A woman and her son were home when the fire started, according to a statement released by the Fire Department. Both safely escaped the home. The woman was later transported to an area hospital to be treated for breathing difficulty.
Digital Access For Only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The fire severely damaged the house, burning about 50 percent of it, DeGraffenreid said.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known. After the fire was extinguished, a secondary fire crew prepared to search the house.