Personal Finance

June 28, 2013 3:32 PM

You can buy insurance on your college-bound child

For a few hundred dollars, you get a policy that will reimburse your tuition, on-campus housing costs and possibly other fees if your student has to drop out of school for medical reasons, such as mononucleosis, injuries from an automobile accident or mental health issues. Family financial setbacks that result in withdrawal from school are also commonly part of coverage.

Related content