▪ Afterword Tavern & Shelves, bookshop, bar and cafe, 1834 Grand Blvd. May opening scheduled.
▪ Andy’s Frozen Custard plans to open in the redeveloped Metcalf South, now known as 95Metcalf South, at 95th Street and Metcalf Avenue in Overland Park, and at 10641 State Line Road. Fall openings.
▪ Baramee Thai Bistro, 1810 Baltimore Ave. Early June opening.
▪ Big Whiskey's American Restaurant & Bar, 9100 W. 135th St., Overland Park. Early July.
▪ Broadway Deli, 2101 Broadway. Late April or early May.
▪ Caleb’s, breakfast and lunch, Red Bridge Shopping Center, Red Bridge and Holmes. No opening date was available.
▪ Caramelo, tortilleria, 1901 Massachusetts St., Suite F, Lawrence. This summer.
▪ The Campground Bar & Grill, 8 Westport Road. No opening date was available.
▪ City Barrel Brewing Co., 1916 Grand Blvd. Late 2018 opening.
▪ Coach's hopes to open at 9201 Wornall Road.
▪ Cracker Barrel, 6751 E. 163rd St., Belton. Fall opening.
▪ Culver's, a franchisee plans to open at the southwest corner of 87th Street Parkway and Loiret Boulevard, Lenexa. No opening date was available.
▪ Dunkin' Donuts. A new franchisee has signed an agreement to open three locations and is currently looking in Sedalia and Warrensburg for a 2019 opening, but also is looking at sites in Kansas City.
▪ Farina by Michael Smith, 1901 Baltimore Ave. Late 2018 opening.
▪ Flow House, Interstate 35 and Armour Road. Summer 2019.
▪ Flying Horse Taproom, 600 E. 63rd St. An expansion of the the building that houses its sister business, Brookside Wine & Spirits. Early summer opening.
▪ Fox and Pearl, 2143 Summit St., by the owners of Hank Charcuterie in Lawrence. September opening.
▪ Freestyle Poke, 509 Delaware St. Early June opening.
▪ Freezing Rolls, Legends Outlets in Kansas City, Kan. (late April opening), BluHawk in Overland Park (mid-May opening), and Ward Parkway Restaurant Pavilion (June opening).
▪ Freshwater, 3711 Summit St. This spring.
▪ Fuji Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar, Best Host Inn Plaza, 5701 Longview Road. By late April.
▪ Golden Ox, West Bottoms, 1600 Genessee St. May opening scheduled.
▪ Grinders, 733 New Hampshire, Lawrence. Hopes to open in May.
▪ Hurts Donut Co., Ward Parkway Restaurant Pavilion, 8807 State Line Road. May opening.
▪ Johnny Kaw's Yard Bar, 4115 Mill St., Westport. Summer opening.
▪ KimChee, 3107 Gillham Road. Early May.
▪ Kneaders Bakery & Cafe, 12180 Blue Valley Parkway, Overland Park. The company planned to open the restaurant in late March but has pushed back the opening date. A new opening date was not available.
▪ KOBI-Q, a Korean restaurant, Asian grill and bar, 1531 Grand Blvd. April opening.
▪ Made in KC Eats, food truck patio, 509 E. 18th St., plans to open this spring. Three or four food trucks would set up for lunch Fridays and Saturdays. It also will have a shipping container bar.
▪ Martin City Pizza & Taproom, 4000 Indian Creek Parkway, Overland Park. Mid-May opening.
▪ Mean Mule Distilling Co., 1733 Locust St. Late April.
▪ Meshuggah Bagels on the first floor of One Light Luxury Apartments in the Power & Light District. Spring opening scheduled.
▪ Mission Taco Joint, 5060 Main St. No opening date was available.
▪ Our Daily Nada, 304 Delaware St. Mid-June opening.
▪ Panera Bread, 1211 E. North Ave., Belton, (in the former Bob Evans space), according to the city of Belton.
▪ Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, 25 E. 12th St. No opening date was available.
▪ Ragazza Main, 4301 Main St. Late summer.
▪ Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews, 8501 N.W. Prairie View Road. May 30 opening scheduled.
▪ The Reef, 9600 N.W. Polo Drive. No opening date was available.
▪ The Restaurant at 1900, 1900 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Mission Woods. April 20 opening.
▪ Rock-afire, arcade bar, 334 E. 31st St. April 26 opening.
▪ Sailor Jack's Snack Shack, 424 Westport Road. May opening.
▪ The Savoy, 219 W. Ninth St. Summer opening.
▪ Shack Breakfast & Lunch, 7218 College Blvd., Overland Park, and 7940 W. 135th St., Overland Park. Early-to-mid spring openings.
▪ Shake Shack, Country Club Plaza, 239 W. 47th St. Fall opening.
▪ Starbucks, 6304 Brookside Plaza. A late April, early May opening is scheduled.
▪ Summit Grill, 601 N.E. 70th St., Gladstone. Late summer 2018.
The Summit Grill owners also plan a new seafood concept for the former 810 Zone, in SummitWoods Crossing at 1672 N.W. Chipman Road, this summer.
▪ The Sundry, 10000 Marshall Drive in Lenexa, and in Commerce Tower, 911 Main St. No opening dates were available.
▪ Sweet and Simple, Brookside, 326 W. 63rd St. Mid-April opening.
▪ Tropical Smoothie Cafe, BluHawk, 15933 Antioch Road, Overland Park. No opening date was available.
▪ True Food Kitchen, Country Club Plaza, 4749 Pennsylvania Ave. Early 2019 opening.
▪ Wahlburgers is teaming up with Hy-Vee to open 26 restaurants, as well as in the 84 Hy-Vee Market Grille locations. No opening dates were available.
▪ Waldo Thai Place, 8431-8438 Wornall Road. No opening date was available.
▪ Wing It On is looking at Shawnee locations.
▪ Zavino, an Italian-themed restaurant, Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City, 3200 Ameristar Drive. No opening date was available.
▪ Applebee's Grill + Bar, 3404 Rainbow Blvd., has reopened after a major remodeling over the last 18 months.
▪ Bay Boys Specialty Sandwiches, 4706 Holly St.
▪ Blue Moose Bar & Grill, Red Bridge Shopping Center, 11134 Holmes Road.
▪ Crows Coffee, Red Bridge Shopping Center, 535 E. Red Bridge Road.
▪ The Filling Station, 2640 Pershing Road.
▪ First Watch, 9102 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park. April 16 opening. (Relocating from 7305 W. 95th St., Overland Park)
▪ HuHot Mongolian Grill, 13342 W. 62nd Terrace, Shawnee.
▪ McLain’s Market and Deli, 1420 Crescent Road, Lawrence.
▪ Novel restaurant has relocated to 1927 McGee St.
▪ Scooter's, 805 S.W. Missouri 150, Lee's Summit.
▪ Tanner’s Bar & Grill, 39Rainbow development, 3900 Rainbow Blvd., Kansas City, Kan.
▪ Tribe, a “communal” concept — shared plates, cocktails and beers in glasses or pitchers and communal seating, 316 Delaware St.
▪ Vitality Bowls, Town Center Plaza, 11828 Roe Ave., Leawood.
▪ The Wild Way, mobile coffee camper, on 31st Street between Gillham Road and Gillham Plaza.
▪ Zoës Kitchen, Town Center Crossing, 4343 W. 119th St., Leawood, in part of the former Drunken Fish space.
▪ Panzon's, 9710 Lackman Road, Lenexa. Closed "indefinitely."
▪ Pizzabella has closed at 1810 Baltimore Ave.
▪ Snow & Co. has temporarily closed at 421 Westport Road.
▪ Ted's Café Escondido recently closed locations in the Northland and Overland Park. It still has a restaurant in Lee's Summit.
It had a lease for Ward Parkway Restaurant Pavilion but officials with the chain said that location "is no longer in the works. At this time we have no immediate plans to expand further in the KC area. However, you never know what the future will bring."