Restaurants and retailers are providing a bit of relief on Tax Day with special offerings, including:
▪ Great American Cookie Co.: A free birthday cookie Tuesday. It has area locations in Independence Center in Independence and Summit Fair in Lee’s Summit.
Premium content for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Grimaldi’s Coal Brick-Oven Pizzeria, Prairiefire, 5601 W. 135th St., Suite 2240, Overland Park: 16-inch traditional cheese pizza for $10.40, dine-in only.
▪ Hooters: Free kids meal for children ages 12 and younger with a $10 purchase. It has area locations in Independence; Kansas City, Kan.; the Northland; and Overland Park.
▪ Noodles & Co.: $4 off any $10 purchase placed on the chain’s website, order.noodles.com, using the code “TAXDAY17” at checkout, through Tuesday.
▪ Spin Neapolitan Pizza: Any 12-inch specialty pizza or build-your-own pizza with up to two toppings for just $10. Or, order a Mini Mia personal-size pizza with any salad for $8 (regular price is $9.45).
Spin has has two locations in Overland Park as well as locations in Crown Center, Lawrence, Lee’s Summit, Lenexa, Olathe, Prairie Village, south of the Plaza, and Kansas City, North.