Nine Missouri and Kansas workplaces have won the 2017 When Work Works awards announced Tuesday afternoon by the Women’s Foundation, the Society for Human Resource Management-Kansas City, and Kansas City Mayor Sly James.
Winning workplaces were chosen based on “opportunities for employee learning, a culture of trust, work/life flexibility, supervisor support for work success, satisfaction with earnings, benefits and advancement opportunities, and the ability of employees to have input on aspects of their work responsibilities.”
▪ Affinis Corp., Overland Park.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Kansas City Star
▪ CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services Inc., Overland Park.
▪ Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards, Overland Park.
▪ Gig Salad, Springfield, Mo.
▪ Lockton Companies, Kansas City.
▪ McCownGordon Construction, Kansas City.
▪ Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault, Kansas City.
▪ Ryan LLC, Overland Park.
▪ Tank Components Industries, Springfield, Mo.
“These businesses and community organizations are working for change by demonstrating best workplace practices,” said Wendy Doyle, Women’s Foundation president and CEO. “We hope more businesses follow their lead by creating economic opportunity and promoting family-friendly policies, such as work-flex opportunities and earned family and medical leave.”
Recipients were honored at a reception Tuesday evening in Kansas City.