Here’s a sampling of area restaurants serving a special Valentine’s dinner. To be included in the list, restaurants should send information in this format to email@example.com under the subject line: Valentine’s dinner.
▪ Barrel 31, Martini Corner at Union Hill, 400 E. 31 St.: Three-course dinner for two.
Hours: 5 to 11 p.m. Feb. 13 and 14
Cost: $70 per couple
For more information or to make reservations: 816-569-3801.
▪ Buca di Beppo, 310 W. 47th St.: A dinner for two, including a heart-shaped lasagna, small salad, garlic bread, and cannoli.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Feb. 13; 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 14; and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Feb. 15, while supplies last. It is booked from 2 p.m. to close on Feb. 14.
For more information or to make a reservation: 816-931-6548
▪ California Pizza Kitchen, Park Place, 11655 Ash St., Leawood: One appetizer, two entrees and a dessert for two.
Cost: $32 for two people.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m Feb. 11 to 15.
More information or to make reservations: 913-327-5290
Coal Vines, Country Club Plaza, 618 Ward Parkway: Four-course menu includes appetizer, choice of salad or soup, choice of four entrees, and dessert.
Hours: 4 p.m. to close Feb. 13 to 14.
Cost: $65 per couple
For more information or to make a reservation: 816-912-2690
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant, 4686 Broadway: A Surf ’n Turf special with two beef medallions with Parmesan and horseradish crust, and a Parmesan-crusted lobster tail, roasted vegetables, and mashed potatoes.
Hours: 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Cost: $35.99 per person
For more information or to make a reservation: 816-531-1500
▪ Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar, 4814 Roanoke Parkway: Salt Cod Brandade appetizer, Veal Osso Bucco & Charred Octopus, and Bubbles & Pearls Oysters.
Cost: Salt Cod Brandade, $13. Veal Osso Bucco & Charred Octopus, $37. Bubbles & Pearls Oysters, $5 per oyster.
Hours: 4 to 11 p.m. Feb. 14
For more information or to make reservations: 816-437-7940.
▪ La Bodega Tapas & Lounge, 4311 W. 119th St., Leawood: Four-course dinner. Tapa A La Amuse Bouche to start, then a choice of chorizo and corn chowder with crab or endive, or avocado with poached smoked paprika salad; grilled lamb rack with Manchego polenta or garlic-marinated seared scallops and roasted cauliflower puree; and white chocolate mousse cake with sweet whipped goat cheese and raspberry-pomegranate salsa for dessert.
Hours: 4 to 11 p.m. Feb. 12 to 15.
Cost: $55 per person
For more information or to make reservations: 913-428-8272.
The Melting Pot, Country Club Plaza, 450 Ward Parkway: Four-course dinner for two, a six roses and a bottle of house Moscato or nonalcoholic sparkling wine. Choose any cheese fondue, any salad. Entree choices are Angus beef sirloin, barbecue pork medallions, Pacific white shrimp, herb-crusted chicken breast or teriyaki sirloin. Chocolate fondue for dessert.
Hours: 4 to 10:30 p.m. Feb. 12; 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Feb. 13; 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Feb. 15; 4 to 10:30 p.m. Feb. 16 to 19; and 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Feb. 20.
Cost: $119 for two
For more information or to make a reservation for Twelve Days of Romance: 816-931-6358
The Melting Pot is booked for Valentine’s Day.
▪ Morton’s Grille, 4646 J.C. Nichols Parkway: Steak and lobster special.
Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Feb. 13; noon to 11 p.m. Feb. 14; noon to 9 p.m. Feb. 15; and 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Feb. 16.
Cost: $55 per person.
For more information or reservations call: 816-531-7799
▪ Pig & Finch Gastropub, Park Place, 11570 Ash St., Leawood: Prix fixe menu with a choice of espresso-rub pork shoulder, grilled Wagyu chuck-eye steak, oven-roasted farm hen or crispy striped bass.
Cost: $45 per person
Hours: 3 to 11 p.m. Feb. 14
More information or to make reservations: 913-322-7444
▪ Story, Prairie Village Shopping Center, 931 W. 69th Terrace: Five-course menu. Shrimp with polenta and brown beech mushrooms; arugula and spinach salad with walnuts, Gorgonzola and fennel; Arctic char with Brussels sprouts, apples and wild rice; duo of beef with rib eye and short ribs, carrots, turnips and chef’s version of tater tots; and a chocolate tart with lemon and mint.
Hours: 5 to 10 p.m. Feb. 12 to 15.
Cost: $85 per person plus tax and gratuity. Optional wine pairings $40 per person.
For more information or to make reservations: 913-236-9955.
▪ Tannin Wine Bar & Kitchen, 1526 Walnut St.: Four-course dinner, including arugula and pear salad or roasted Brussels sprout and watercress salad; raspberry sorbet and pan-seared diver scallops or grilled eye of rib eye; and chocolate raspberry mousse or strawberry Napoleon.
Cost: $50 per person; wine pairings available.
Hours: 4 p.m. to midnight Feb. 13 and 14, and 4 to 11 p.m. Feb. 15.
For more information or to make reservations, call 816-842-2660.
▪ Westport Café & Bar, 419 Westport Road: Three-course dinner.
Hours: 4 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Feb. 12 to 14, and from 4 p.m. to midnight Feb. 15.
Cost: $40 per person or $55 with wine pairings
For more information or to make reservations: 816-931-4740.
▪ Zócalo Mexican Cuisine & Tequileria, Country Club Plaza, 620 W. 48th St.: Four-course dinner.
Hours: 4 to 11 p.m. Feb. 13 to 15.
Cost: $40 per person with $25 select bottles of wine to pair.
For more information or to make reservations: 816-756-5555.
To reach Joyce Smith, call 816-234-4692 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Facebook and Twitter at JoyceKC