Menu debuts takes a look at some new seasonal and permanent menu offerings from around the metro.
▪ Tavern in the Village and Tavern at Mission Farms: Several new appetizers, lunch and dinner dishes including the short rib burger (burger topped with braised barbecue short rib, Swiss cheese, red onion and chopped pickle)
▪ Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews: Voodoo fries (steak fries tossed in blackened seasoning and queso and topped with bacon, fried jalapenos and ghost chile sauce, served with a side of ranch dressing or ghost chile sauce)
Available: through April 3
▪ Farm to Market Bread Co.: Irish Soda Bread (with raisins and topped with crunchy sugar sprinkles)
Available: through March 17
▪ LongHorn Steakhouse: Mixed Berry Lava Cake (blueberry butter cake with cream cheese mousse, topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries and raspberry drizzle). Other new seasonal items include crispy blue crab bites, grilled lamp chops, and beefsteak tomato and bacon salad.
Available: until May 29
▪ IHOP: Double-Dipped French Toast (brioche dipped in vanilla batter and then in a coating of cornflakes and oatmeal, then griddled). In blackberry and vanilla, or banana, peanut butter and chocolate flavors.
Available: through April 10
▪ Pie Five Pizza: Shrimp scampi pizza (garlic scampi sauce on a crispy artisan thin crust and topped with fresh shrimp, sliced grape tomatoes and chopped parsley)
Available: through March 27
More from Joyce Smith