, and local breweries, bars and restaurants are toasting the occasion with tappings, specials and beer dinners. Here’s a sampling of the brew-centric celebrations.
• Tonight Leawood’sRye restaurant is hosting a beer dinner that pairs food by Megan and Colby Garrelts with locally brewed beer. Find full details here
• 75th Street Brewery is also prepping a beer dinner this evening. The four-course meal is designed with Belgian-style American craft beer in mind. Find full details here
• Kansas City Bier Company
has taken over several taps at 75th Street Brewery. The locally brewed German-style beers will be available at the brewpub through Wednesday. And on Thursday, 75th Street Brewery taps into 20th Anniversary Imperial Stout that was first introduced last year.
• Free State Brewing Company has brewed an American Black Ale in collaboration with beer bloggers Brian Devine and Maria Scarpello of The Roaming Pint. The Lawrence brewpub’s head brewer, Geoff Deman, will tap a firkin of the beer tonight at around 7:30 p.m. and serve it in pint glasses designed by Devine. Find more info on Free State’s website.
• The Big Rip Brewing Company celebrates its first anniversary Saturday with its Get Ripped Brew Fest. The festival features live music, plus beer, wine and liquor from local breweries, vineyards and distilleries. Tickets cost $35 each. Find more info at The Big Rip’s website
• Cinder Block Brewery in North Kansas City has special events all week long. At 6 p.m. Friday, the brewery taps the first IPA in its Hop Maven Series. Then at 4 p.m. Saturday, Cinder Block taps a firkin of cider aged in a French oak barrel with white port. There’s more info on Cinder Block’s Facebook page
• Gordon Biersch
, a chain of brewpubs with locations in Kansas City and Leawood, has daily specials all week. Today all Gordon Biersch drafts are $2.50. On Thursday, brewery tours and beer samples are free, and on Friday, beer samplers cost $6 all day.
• Finally, on Sunday, BikeWalkKC’s annual Tour de Bier event takes local beer lovers on a bike tour of Kansas City breweries and beer bars. Check outTour de Bier’s website
for complete info on prices and routes.
Know of any other craft beer week events? Comment here or tweet us @chowtownkc.
More craft beer goodness from our blog:
Radius Brewing Company opens in downtown Emporia
Boulevardia is a month away
Kansas expands rights for homebrewers
Contact Sarah Gish via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @sarah_gish.